***IF YOU RECEIVED A SUMMONS FOR October 10, 2017, PLEASE BE ADVISED THE TRIAL IS GOING AND YOU WILL NEED TO APPEAR. THANK YOU***
INFORMATION FOR JURY SERVICE
1. Cell Phones: Cell phones are NOT PERMITTED in the Courthouse. Please leave them at home or in your vehicle.
2. Security: When you arrive, enter the Courthouse from the south end on the ground level. You will be required to pass through a metal detector, so please leave all weapons, knives, sharp objects, and pepper sprays at home or in your car. Also, please turn off pagers.
3. Directions to the Courthouse: Circuit Court is located on the 2nd floor of the Courthouse, which is located at 101 East Fourth Street in downtown Marion (on the Square).
4. Parking: Parking for jurors is available around the Courthouse Square and along side streets.
5. Public Transportation: Both public transportation and taxi service are available in Marion.
6. Compensation: The rate for jury service is $15 per day as a prospective juror and $40 per day if you are selected. Mileage is also paid.
7. Attire: Dress appropriately for being in a Courtroom. Business attire is appropriate, as is casual business attire. Do not wear hats, tank tops, or any attire which will reasonably be deemed as inappropriate for the Courtroom.
8. Meals: Meals are normally not provided, except during deliberations.
9. Jury Term: The length of your service will be one day, or if selected to a jury, until that trial concludes. The Court is normally in session from 8:30 A.M. until 12:00 P.M. and from 1:15 P.M. until 5:00 P.M.. Occasionally, these times will vary.